Hello!! My name is Christy Butler and I am the administrator for Kaufman Christian School. I have taught for 27 years and have been at KCS since 1995. The past 13 years have been spent both teaching and administrating. I am happy to be able to focus on administration this year, but sad to leave the classroom. My degree, from Southwestern Oklahoma State University, is in Elementary Education with a minor in Language Arts. I love the joy and excitement that kids bring to our lives and I am thankful God called me to invest in the lives of kids and their families.
I am married to Tim, who is the Assistant Director of Transportation at KISD and Church Administrator for Country Bible Church. We have 2 daughters, Mattie and Mollie (17). Mattie is married to our son-in-law, Seth, and they have our first grandbaby, Ellie Kate, who is now 3 years old! Mollie is a student in our secondary program and is in the 11th grade. Mollie enjoys sewing, quilting and crafting.
Our family is actively involved in various ministries at Country Bible Church. In my spare time, I enjoy reading, cooking, bargain shopping, and trips to First Monday in Canton. And, my special joy is being “Buzzy” to Ellie Kate.
Should you have any questions of me, please email me here.
5th Grade Supply List
- 1 pkg 8 count tab dividers
- 2 pkgs of notebook paper (wide rule)
- 1 pair scissors
- 1 box colored pencils (No gel pens or markers)
- 1 zippered pencil bag for binder
- 1 plastic folder w/ pockets (w/o brads)
- 2 pkg. #2 pencils (10 ct.)
- 2 black ink ballpoint pens
- 2 red ink pens
- 1 large pink eraser
- 2 highlighters
- 1 protractor
- 1 compass
- 1 ruler with centimeters (no flexi-rulers)
- 2 boxes Kleenex
- 2 pkgs baby wipes
- 1 pkg 4×6 ruled index cards
- 2 reams white copy paper (500 count each)
- 1 NIV Bible, paperback (not children’s or youth)
- 1 3 ring binder with pockets (1-1/2”, plain)
- 2 jumbo XXL bookcovers (10” x 16”)
- 2g or larger thumb drive for Computer Lab