Hello! My name is Cynthia (Cindy) Rowden and I am the third grade teacher for KCS. In 1987, I obtained my Bachelor of Education degree from Sul Ross State University in Alpine, Texas. I have taught for 31 years in public schools: 27 years for Ector County ISD and 4 for Mesquite ISD. During those years, I taught Kindergarten, 1st, 3rd, and 6th grades. I was also a Curriculum Specialist before moving to the Dallas area. I am so excited to be teaching here at Kaufman Christian School. The Lord has blessed me by helping to fulfill a dream to teach in a private school this year and I am so grateful! Children are an inspiration and I love their energy and excitement they bring to my classroom on a daily basis! I am fascinated to watch them create, learn, apply, and find answers to their questions and mine.
I am married to the love of my life and best friend, Mark. Mark is a Police Chief for a neighboring school district. We have been married 31 years and have 2 boys, Chrystopher (27) and Jonathyn (13). Our family attends Sunnyvale First Baptist Church and we are involved in activities there.
During my free time I enjoy cooking, reading, “playing” with my plants, camping, and crafts for the house and garden.
Should you have any questions, feel free to email me here.
Third Grade Supply List
- 1 3 ring binder with pockets (1-1/2” plain, no Trapper Keepers or zip notebooks)
- 2 plastic folders w/ pockets (w/o brads) 1 red, 1 blue
- 2 plastic folders with brads (any color)
- 1 pkg 8 count tab dividers (without pockets)
- 1 12” ruler (w/ inches & centimeters, not flexible)
- 1 pair Fiskar’s scissors
- 1 box 12 colored pencils
- 1 large glue stick (or 2 small)
- 2 red pens
- 2 yellow hi-lighters
- 2 large pink erasers
- 1 white out tape
- 12 #2 pencils
- 2 black ballpoint pens
- 1 pkg Crayola Washable Markers (8 ct)
- 1 wide ruled 70 page spiral notebook
- 1 pkg notebook paper (wide rule)
- 2 boxes Kleenex
- 1 NIV Bible, paperback (not children’s or youth)
- 2 reams white copy paper (500 count each)
- 1 paint shirt
- $8.50 for music recorder (if you do not have one)