KCS Dress Code Information
The purpose of Kaufman Christian School’s dress code is to invoke a positive learning environment. Therefore, a contemporary dress code has been selected with durability, comfort, and expense in mind. KCS requires cooperation by all parents and students to maintain a quality atmosphere in our program. Questions regarding clarification of dress code standards may be directed to the administrator in the school office.
Polos, Turtlenecks, Blouses
- Collared, buttoned or snapped polo (short or long sleeved) style shirt. Cap sleeves allowed for girls. No pockets allowed on polos.
- Long sleeved turtleneck
Any Solid Color
- White, collared, button up dress shirt (short or long sleeved)
- All polos, blouses, and turtlenecks must be tucked in at all times.
- No logo or design other than approved KCS logo, may appear on any polo, blouse, or turtleneck.
- Long sleeved, solid colored cotton t-shirt or turtleneck may be worn under polo for warmth. No under armour or thermal underwear may be worn.
Slacks, Pants, Shorts
Pleated or front flat uniform pants; uniform shorts. All pockets must be inset.
Limited to Khaki, Navy Blue, or Black (solid, single colors)
- Pants and shorts must be worn at the waist and properly hemmed.
- Shorts must be no more than 3 inches above the top of the knee.
- Baggy style pants or shorts are not allowed.
- No cargo or carpenter style pants or shorts are allowed. No denim material is allowed.
Skirts, Skorts, Capris (Girls)
Uniform skirts, skorts, capris
Limited to Khaki, Navy Blue, or Black – No Plaids.
- Skirts and shorts must be no more than 3 inches above the top of the knee.
- Capris must be uniform style. All pockets must be inset. No ties, outer pockets allowed. No designs allowed on capris.
V-neck, square neck, or round neck.
Limited to Khaki, Navy Blue, or Black
- Jumpers must be no more than 3 inches above the top of the knee.
- Uniform polo, blouse, or turtleneck must be worn under the jumper.
Shoes, Socks, Hose/Tights
Color (socks): Any solid single color.
Color (Hose/tights): Any solid single color.
Shoes: Multipurpose, closed toe, closed heel. Tennis shoes, tie or loafer type shoes. Boots may be worn. No excessive heel height. No para military type boots.
- Shoes must be worn with socks or hose/tights at all times.
- Tennis shoes must be worn on Tuesday and Thursday for P.E. Failure to do so will result in the loss of P.E. rewards.
Sweatshirt & Sweaters For Classroom Wear
Crew neck sweatshirts, button or zip-up sweaters (no hoods)
Any solid color or KCS Spirit Sweatshirt
- Solid colored sweatshirt, a KCS Spirit Sweatshirt, or a button or zip-up sweater may be worn in class over a polo, blouse, or turtleneck.
- No hoody sweatshirts¬† or sweaters are allowed to be worn in class.
Outerwear: Jackets, Coats, Hats, Gloves, Scarves
- Must not promote advertisements of any other school, movie or TV character, business, organization, or individual.
- Hats, except those for winter protective wear, are not to be worn on campus.
- All coats, hats, gloves, scarves must be removed upon entering the classroom.
- KCS Spirit Shirt or dress code polo, blouse, or turtleneck may be worn with blue jeans (modest length, no cutoffs) or blue jean shorts.
- Blue jeans must be neat in appearance, not sag, and be neatly hemmed.
- Failure to follow blue jeans guidelines will result in loss of privilege.
- Students may wear school appropriate clothing of their choice. Comfy Day dates will be posted in school calendar.
ALL CLOTHING SHOULD FIT APPROPRIATELY.
Due to the fact that clothing styles are continually changing, the school reserves the right to restrict students from wearing certain styles of clothing, shoes, or outerwear which the administration would deem inappropriate school wear. Should a student wear clothing not consistent with the Dress Code, parents will be called and asked to bring a change of clothing that is consistent with the Dress Code.