Hello, my name is Jana Murrey and I am thrilled to teach 2nd grade at Kaufman Christian School. My husband, Daniel, and I have been married for 7 years and we have a very sweet and smiley toddler, Lucy. We actively serve at our church, Ridge Pointe Fellowship in Dallas, where I sing with the praise team.
My bachelor’s degree and teaching certificate are from the University of Texas at Dallas and this will be my ninth year educating students. As a teacher, I believe I am called not only to educate students in their academic pursuits but to model and directly teach Christian morals and values. I think C.S. Lewis put it perfectly when he said, “Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make a more clever devil.” I do not take this responsibility lightly and look forward to working alongside parents to help develop their child’s unique God-given talents and skills.
In my spare time, I love hanging out with my close friends, reading, sipping coffee, watching movies, and planning my next vacation.
Should you have any questions of me, please email me here.
Second Grade Supply List
- 1 backpack (generic, without wheels)
- 1 supply box (5×8)
- 2 plastic folders with pockets, w/o brads (1 red, 1 blue)
- 1 pkg #2 pencils (Ticonderoga please)
- 2 large erasers
- 1 24 count boxes of crayons
- 1 pkg washable markers (8-10 count)
- 1 12 count colored pencils
- 1 pair Fiskar’s scissors
- 2 red pens
- 2 wide rule, 70 pg spiral (1 red, 1 blue)
- 2 large glue sticks (or 4 small)
- 1 ruler, plastic w/ inches & centimeters
- 1 box of wet wipes
- 2 boxes Kleenex
- 2 rolls of paper towels
- 2 reams white copy paper (500 count each)
- $5 Weekly Reader Fee
- $10 craft fee