Hello! My name is Karen Hines and I am so thankful to be teaching at Kaufman Christian School. I am a graduate of the University of Texas at Austin. My greatest desire is to serve the Lord and have a lasting impact in others’ lives. Thank you for entrusting your children to me as we honor God in everything we learn.
My husband, Mark works at First Baptist Academy of Dallas. We are involved in teaching and serving at Country Bible Church. Our son, Ben works at Watermark Church in Dallas and is married to Catherine. They have one daughter, Sophie, and a new baby boy named Wilson. Our daughter, Erin taught school until she became a stay-at-home mom with her daughter, Avery and son Reid. Her husband, Michael is also in education and they attend Christ Chapel in Fort Worth.
I love the Lord and my family and the kids He gives me to teach. What a blessing is it to be involved in ministry here!
Should you have any questions of me, please email me
Should you have any questions of me, please email me here.
First Grade Supply List
- 1 backpack (generic, without wheels)
- 1 3 ring binder with pockets (1 inch, plain, no Trapper Keepers or zip notebooks)
- 1 12” ruler (w/ metric & standard, not flexible)
- 1 box 12 count colored pencils
- 1 box 8-10 markers (classic colors)
- 1 clear front zipper pouch for notebook
- 2 plastic pocket folders, w/o brads
- 2 boxes primary crayons, 24 count
- 2 pkg #2 pencils (sharpened)(Ticonderoga please)
- 1 8 oz Elmer’s glue
- 2 large glue sticks (or 4 small)
- 2 pink bevel erasers
- 1 pack watercolor paints
- 1 pair Fiskar’s scissors
- 1 roll paper towels
- 1 4 pack carton Playdough
- 1 container wet wipes
- 2 boxes Kleenex
- 1 small 60 page 5×7 spiral notebook
- 2 reams white copy paper (500 count each)
- 1 5×8 plastic supply box
- $10.00 craft fee
- $5.00 Weekly Reader fee