The purpose of Kaufman Christian School’s dress code is to invoke a positive learning environment. Therefore, a contemporary uniform has been selected with durability and comfort in mind. KCS requires cooperation by all parents and students to maintain a quality atmosphere in our program. Questions regarding clarification of dress code standards may be directed to the administrator in the school office.
Polos, Turtlenecks, Blouses
- Collared, buttoned or snapped polo (short or long sleeved) style shirt.
- Cap sleeves allowed for girls.
- Long sleeved turtleneck
Color: Any Solid Color
- White, collared, button up dress shirt (short or long sleeved)
- All polos, blouses, and turtlenecks must be tucked in at all times.
- No logo or design other than approved KCS logo, may appear on any polo, blouse, or turtleneck.
- Long sleeved, solid colored shirt or turtleneck may be worn under polo for warmth.
Slacks, Pants, Shorts
Style: Pleated or front flat uniform pants; uniform shorts.
Color: Limited to Khaki, Navy Blue, or Black (solid, single colors)
- Pants and shorts must be worn at the waist and properly hemmed.
- Shorts must be no more than 3 inches above the top of the knee.
- Baggy style pants or shorts are not allowed.
- No cargo or carpenter style pants or shorts are allowed. No denim material is allowed.
Skirts, Skorts, Capris (Girls)
Style: Uniform skirts, skorts, capris
Color: Limited to Khaki, Navy Blue, or Black – No Plaids.
- Skirts and shorts must be no more than 3 inches above the top of the knee.
- Capris must be uniform style. No ties, outer pockets allowed. No designs allowed on capris.
Style: V-neck, square neck, or round neck jumper. Polo style dress.
Color: Limited to Khaki, Navy Blue, or Black, single, solid color. Polo dresses maybe a singe, solid color.
- Jumpers and dresses must be no more than 3 inches above the top of the knee.
- Uniform polo, blouse, or turtleneck must be worn under the jumper.
- Girls in pre-kindergarten through fifth grades must wear modesty shorts under skirts or jumpers as part of the KCS uniform.
- No logo or design may appear on a jumper or a Polo style dress.
Shoes & Hose/Tights
Color (Hose/Tights/Leggings): Any solid single color. Leggings must be ankle length.
Shoes: Multipurpose, closed toe, closed heel. Tennis shoes, tie or loafer type shoes. Boots may be worn. No excessive heel height. No para military type boots.
- Shoes must be worn with socks or hose/tights at all times.
- Tennis shoes must be worn on Tuesday and Thursday for P.E. Failure to do so will result in the loss of P.E. rewards.
Sweatshirt & Sweaters For Classroom Wear
Style: Crew neck sweatshirts, button or zip-up sweaters (no hoods)
Color: Any solid color or KCS Spirit Sweatshirt
- Solid colored sweatshirt, a KCS Spirit Sweatshirt, or a button or zip-up sweater may be worn in class over a polo, blouse, or turtleneck.
- No hoody sweatshirts or hoody sweaters are allowed to be worn in class. No fleece jackets (except approved KCS Spirit Wear) or quarter zip pullovers, or coats may be worn in the classroom.
Outerwear: Jackets, Coats, Hats, Gloves, Scarves
- Hats, except those for winter protective wear, are not to be worn on campus.
- All coats, hats, gloves, scarves must be removed upon entering the classroom.
- KCS Spirit Wear or dress code polo, blouse, or turtleneck may be worn with blue denim jeans (modest length, no cutoffs) or blue denim jean shorts.
- Blue denim jeans must be neat in appearance, not sag, and be neatly hemmed. They must not have any holes or frayed areas.
- Failure to follow blue jeans guidelines will result in loss of privilege.
Comfy Days/$2 Tuesdays
- Students may wear school appropriate clothing of their choice. Comfy Day and $2 Tuesday dates will be posted in school calendar.
- Girls wearing leggings must wear a top that is no shorter than mid-thigh.
- No spaghetti strap tops or tank tops are to be worn.
ALL CLOTHING SHOULD FIT APPROPRIATELY.
Due to the fact that clothing styles are continually changing, the school reserves the right to restrict students from wearing certain styles of clothing which the administration would deem inappropriate school wear.