The purpose of Kaufman Christian School’s dress code is to invoke a positive learning environment. Therefore, a contemporary uniform has been selected with durability and comfort in mind. Kaufman Christian School requires cooperation by all parents and students to maintain a quality atmosphere in our program. Questions regarding clarification of dress code standards may be directed to the administrator in the school office.
- Short or long-sleeved, any solid color, collared, button or snap polo
- No logo or design other than approved KCS logo on polo
- Tucked in at all times
- A long sleeved, solid color turtleneck may be worn under a polo for warmth.
Slacks, Pants, Shorts(Boys and Girls)
- Uniform style, khaki, navy, or black solid color
- Shorts must be no more than 3 inches above the knee.
- No cargo or carpenter style
- No denim material
- Must fit properly
Skirts, Skorts, Capris (Girls)
- Uniform style khaki, navy, or black, no plaids
- Must be no more than 3 inches above the knee
- Capris may not have ties or outer pockets. No designs.
- Uniform style, khaki, navy blue, or black solid color, V-Neck, square or round neck jumper worn with polo underneath
- Uniform style, single solid color polo style dress
- No more than 3 inches above the knee
- No logo or design may appear on a jumper or polo style dress
- Girls in pre-k though 5th grades must wear modesty shorts under skirts or jumpers. Modesty shorts can not be longer than the skirts, dress or jumper
Shoes/Socks(Boys and Girls)
- Socks may be solid color or have designs. Socks, if visible, must match.
- Shoes are to be multipurpose, closed toe, closed heel. Tennis shoes, tie, or loafer types shoes. Boots may be worn. No excessive heel height. No para military type boots.
- Shoes must be worn with socks or hose/tights at all times.
- Tennis shoes must be worn on PE days. Failure to do so will result in loss of PE rewards.
Hose, Tights, Leggings(Girls)
- Any solid color.
- Leggings must be ankle length
Sweatshirt & Sweaters For Classroom Wear(Boys and Girls)
- Solid color, crew neck or KCS sweatshirt may be worn over a polo.
- Solid color, button or zip up sweater may be worn over a polo.
- No fleece jackets, quarter zip-up pullovers, or coats may be worn in class, except approved KCS Spirit Wear.
Outerwear: Jackets, Coats, Hats, Gloves, Scarves(Boys and Girls)
- Hats, except those for winter protective wear, are not to be worn on campus.
- All coats, hats, gloves, scarves must be removed upon entering the classroom.
Fridays (Boys and Girls)
- KCS Spirit Wear or dress code polo.
- Blue denim jeans or blue denim shorts/skirt/skorts may be worn. No cutoff jeans and length must be no more than 3 inches above the knee.
- Jeans and shorts/skirts/skorts must be neat in appearance, not sag, and must be neatly hemmed. No holes or frayed areas on the jeans.
- Failure to follow blue jeans guidelines will result in loss of privilege.
Comfy Days/$2 Tuesdays (Boys and Girls/refer to calendar and Yellow Pages for dates)
- Students may wear school appropriate clothing of their choice.
- Girls wearing leggings must wear a top that is no shorter than mid-thigh.
- No spaghetti strap or tank tops may be worn.
ALL CLOTHING SHOULD FIT APPROPRIATELY.
Due to the fact that clothing styles are continually changing, the school reserves the right to restrict students from wearing certain styles of clothing which the administration would deem inappropriate school wear.